Warm Duck and Pineapple Salad
Warm duck salad with a lemon and lime dressing. Slow roasted duck legs and, griddled fresh pineapple and combines with cucumber and mixed salad leaves.
Write a review
2 hr 10 min
2 hr 10 min
For the warm duck salad
- 4 duck legs
- 200g slice fresh pineapple (or tinned)
- 250g bag of mixed salad leaves
- 12 slices of cucumber, quartered
- 60g mangetout
For the dressing
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Juice and zest of two limes
- 100ml olive oil
- 25ml cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Fork the duck and pour over boiling water. Dry well with kitchen paper and place on a rack in an oven tray.
- Roast at 160 degrees C for 2 hours until tender. If you prefer a really crispy skin increase the heat to 200 for 10 minutes.
- Use two forks the shred the meat from the bone.
- While the meat is cooking make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a jam jar and place in the fridge until needed.
- When the duck is nearly cooked heat a griddle pan and add a little oil to griddle the pineapple for a minute each side. Cut into chunks.
- Plunge the mangetout in boiling water for two minutes and then into cold water.
- To assemble the salad combine the cucumber and salad leaves in individual bowls, scatter over the pineapple and mangetout and place a pile of shredded duck in the middle.
- Give the dressing a good shake and pour over the warm duck salad.
Chez Le Rêve Français http://chezlerevefrancais.com/