Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Prawn linguine with asparagus is a delicious and light supper that is ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta, so about 10 minutes!
The plump juicy prawns have a simple garlic, lemon and white wine sauce, so it's perfect for a weeknight or a special occasion too.
What are the ingredients?
- raw king prawns or shrimp - you can use cooked prawns but they are not as juicy when they are reheated through
- butter or oil
- fresh lemon - zest and juice for the best taste
- dry white wine - something like a Sauvignon blanc
- linguini - or similar like tagliatelle or spaghetti
- fresh green asparagus spears
- fresh basil
How to make this dish
Put the pasta on to boil according to the packet instructions, while you prepare the sauce.
Peel and mince a clove of garlic. Prepare the asparagus by snapping off the woody ends and then slicing into about 1 inch pieces.
Heat a little oil and butter in a large pan and add the asparagus for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Now add the garlic for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
Add the prawns to the pan along with white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice and some chopped basil.
Stir for a couple of minutes until the prawns turn opaque.
Drain the pasta and add to the pan.
Season with salt and pepper
Stir the pasta and prawns together for a few minutes, so that the pasta is covered in the sauce.
Serve with plenty of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
This dish is so simple, tasty and perfect for when you need a meal on the table quickly.
What is your favourite quick meal idea?
You could swap the prawns for squid rings or use leftover cooked chicken.
It would also be delicious with some poached or tinned salmon added at the end too.
As this is such a quick and easy dish, and serves two people, I wouldn't recommend reheating. The prawns will become tough and the pasta will be sticky.
More fish and prawn recipes to try
Prawn Linguine with Asparagus
- 225 g raw prawns
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ lemon zest and juice
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 200 g linguine
- 6 asparagus spears sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil fresh, chopped
- Put the pasta on to boil, according to the pack instructions, while you prepare the sauce.
- In a large pan heat the butter and oil and soften the asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding the prawns, lemon juice and zest, basil and wine.
- Adjust the seasoning and drain the pasta.
- Stir the pasta into the prawns and serve with some grated Parmesan if liked.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
Detailed instructions for this recipe, including step by step photographs, hints and tips, can be found in the main article.