Linguine with Prawns and Asparagus.
What can I say? Many of my latest recipes seem to feature asparagus and here is yet another one, but when it's not in season French green beans work really well too. I always keep a stash of raw prawns in the freezer, but you could equally make this dish with cooked prawns too and use frozen vegetables too. The whole point of this linguine prawn dish is that it is quick and simple and is ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta, so that's 10 minutes!
Put the pasta on to boil according to the packet instructions, peel and mince a clove of garlic and slice the asparagus into about 1 inch pieces.
Heat a little oil and butter in a large pan and add the asparagus for a minute or so before adding the garlic for 1 minute.
Add the prawns to the pan along with white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice and some chopped basil or parsley. Drain the pasta and add to the pan.
Stir the pasta and prawns together and serve with some grated Parmesan.
This dish is so simple, tasty and perfect for when you need a meal on the table quickly.
What is your favourite quick meal idea?
If you love pasta you might also like my Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake
Linguine with Prawns and Asparagus
- 225 g raw prawns
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ zest and juice
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 200 g linguine
- 6 asparagus spears sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Put the pasta on to boil, according to the pack instructions, while you prepare the sauce.
- In a large pan heat the butter and oil and soften the asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding the prawns, lemon juice and zest, basil and wine.
- Adjust the seasoning and drain the pasta.
- Stir the pasta into the prawns and serve with some grated Parmesan if liked.