Easter Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache.
Do you love chocolate? I hope so as I have created this cake for Easter! With so many complicated recipes out there with lots of ingredients I thought it would be great to make a cake from store cupboard ingredients. I’ve added a rich ganache icing but you could swap it with a simple icing sugar glaze with cocoa powder.
The cake is really simple to make. In a food mixer or by hand combine butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a time.
Stir together the flour and cocoa and sieve into the bowl. Use a metal spoon to fold in the flour carefully. Spoon the cake mixture into the tin and bake at 180 C for 25-30 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin Then turn out onto a rack to cool.
Grease a 23 cm Bundt tin and use an extra tablespoon of cocoa to shake over the tin so that all the butter is covered. Spoon the cake mixture into the tin and bake at 180 C for 25-30 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
In the meantime make the chocolate ganache topping for the Chocolate Bundt Cake. Chop plain chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl. Heat the cream until it is almost simmering then remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Leave for 10 minutes and then whisk until the chocolate melts. Pour over the cake and decorate with chocolate eggs and leave to set at room temperature.
As there is light brown sugar in this cake the texture is more like a brownie and the rich chocolate ganache is rich and decadent.
This Chocolate Bundt cake is perfect for sharing at Easter teatime or as a mid morning treat!
What’s your favourite Easter cake?
If you like rich chocolate desserts why not try this Caramel Chocolate Tart?
Remember, if you like this recipe don’t forget to Pin it for later too.
- 225 G Butter Softened
- 225 G Soft light brown sugar
- 200 G Self raising flour
- 7 Tbsp Cocoa Extra for dredging
- 4 Eggs Beaten
- Chocolate eggs to decorate
For the ganache
- 200 G Plain chocolate
- 200 G Double cream
- Grease and dredge with cocoa a 23 cm Bundt tin.
- Beat together the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add the eggs gradually, beating after each addition.
- Mix together the flour and cocoa and sift into the batter.
- Fold the flour into the mixture carefully with a metal spoon before spooning into the cake tin.
- Bake at 180 C for 25-30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Heat the cream until just under boiling point and then pour over the chocolate.
- Leave the mixture for 10 minutes then whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the cake and decorate with chocolate eggs.
- Leave to set for about 2 hours at room temperature.