Crispy Chocolate Rudolph Pops.
I'm not sure about you, but where I am the shops are groaning with 'hand-decorated' and vastly expensive treats to put in stockings, for presents or for tea time at Christmas. I've got nothing against buying something ready made, but sometimes it's nice to make something that doesn't take too much time at this busy time of year. Better still, children will love to help you make these.
So here's my version of Crispy Chocolate Rudolph Pops. One of the first things I made were crispies cakes or cornflake cakes with golden syrup. One thing, that sticks in my mind, is the huge amount of cereal and the small amount of coating. It seemed to take forever to mix it all together. There was cereal everywhere but great fun! The best bit was that it was ready in no time, so that you just had time to lick the bowl before the crispy treats were ready!
There's no cooking involved. First melt some butter with pure cocoa powder then add mini marshmallows over a medium heat. It takes a bit of time for them to melt and it feels very difficult to combine. After a couple of minutes it will start to mix up together. Put the crispies in a very large bowl and pour in the marshmallow mixture and stir until everything is combined.
Oil a tin 18 cm by 18 cm and pour in the mixture. This stuff is seriously sticky so I find it easier to oil my hands and press the mixture gently into the tin in an even layer. Next use a metal spatula to get it flat. Pop it in the fridge for about 30 minutes then cut into 12 rectangles. At this point you can gently press lolly sticks in if you like. Melt some chocolate in the microwave and decorate with red sweets, candy eyes and chocolate pretzels.
Put a couple of these Rudolph Chocolate Crispy Pops in a cellophane bag and tie up with ribbon for an easy gift idea!
If you are looking for another gift idea why not try Nutella Macarons?
Don't forget to Pin it for later!
For the crispies
- 180 g mini marshmallows
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 70 g crispy rice cereal
- 6 chocolate pretzels 100g bag
- 24 candy eyes
- 50 g chocolate
- 12 red smarties or M&Ms 82g bag
- 12 lolly sticks if required
- Grease an 18 X 18 cm tin.
- In a non stick pan melt the butter and cocoa together then add the marshmallows over a medium heat. Keep stirring gently for a few minutes until the mixture comes together and starts to thin out.
- Put the cereal in a large bowl and mix in the chocolate mixture until fully incorporated.
- Gently press the mixture into the tin and smooth the surface with a metal spatula.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes the n cut into 12 rectangles.
- To decorate insert the sticks. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and use to stick on the sweets and pretzels.