Creamy and Cheesy Duchess Potatoes
Mashed potatoes enriched with eggs, cheese and cream, then piped and baked in the oven.
- 800 g potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml heavy cream double cream
- 2 tbsp cheese Gruyère, grated
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- ¼ tsp nutmeg grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Peel the potatoes, cut into chunks and place in a pan with cold water.
Bring to the boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Drain the potatoes, mash and add the eggs, cheese, parsley, seasoning and nutmeg. Mash until well combined.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
Fill a piping bag, fitted with a large star nozzle with the potato mixture.
Pipe swirls of the mixture onto the baking sheet.
Use an egg mixed with water to glaze the potatoes before baking.
Bake at 200FAN/220C/425F/Gas7 for 10 minutes until golden.
• It makes it easier to pipe the swirls if you half fill the piping bag.
• It's easier to add the egg wash if the potatoes are cold or frozen.
• If you prefer a really smooth mash, use a potato ricer or food processor.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
Calories: 52kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 3gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 156mgPotassium: 23mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 223IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 1mg