Raspberry Frangipane Tart
Rich buttery pastry with an almond and raspberry filling.
For the pastry
- 225 g flour plain/all purpose
- 110 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp cold water
For the frangipane filling
- 200 g ground almonds
- 200 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp flour plain/all purpose
For the topping
- 45 g flaked almonds
- 150 g raspberries
Put the flour and cubed butter in a food processor and pulse until combined.
Mix the egg yolk with the cold water and add enough to bring the dough together with the motor running.
Line a 25cm loose-bottomed tart tin and fork the base. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200C/180FAN-400F/Gas 5 and bake the pastry blind by placing a layer of parchment and adding baking beans. Cook for 15 minutes on a baking tray, remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for 5 minutes to set the base.
Meanwhile make the filling by creaming together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extra yolks. Fold in the flour and ground almonds.
Spread the mixture into the pastry case and push the raspberries in about half way.
Sprinkle the almonds over the tart and arrange between the raspberries.
Bake at 180C/160FAN/350F/Gas 4 for 45-55 minutes until set and golden.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
- If you don't have any ceramic baking beans use any dried beans or rice that you have. Keep them separate to just use for baking.
- If you are worried about any breaks in the uncooked pastry, remove the parchment paper and beans and brush the the base with egg white before returning to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- You can bake the tart without the almonds and glaze with melted sieved apricot jam.
Calories: 564kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 10gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 237mgPotassium: 104mgFiber: 4gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 881IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 2mg