Turkey Pithivier with Cranberries and Brie
Perfect for using us leftovers, this festive pie is easy to assemble using store bought pastry.
- 2 pack puff pastry 375g each maximum
- 100 g ham small cubes
- 1 tsp fresh sage
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon
- 200 g cooked turkey small cubes
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 100 g chestnuts rough chopped
- 100 g brie cubeb
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
Cut out a circle about 20cm in diameter and place on parchment paper and transfer to a baking sheet. If you are using a block of puff pastry, roll out to about 0.5 cm.
Cut another circle 2cm wider than the plate.
Chop the turkey, brie, ham or bacon and chestnuts into bite sized pieces and mix with the herbs and cranberries in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Pile the filling into the middle of the smaller pastry round, using your hands to firm it.
Mix the egg with the water and use to moisten the edge and then place the larger piece over the mound.
Use your thumb and forefinger of one hand and forefinger of the other hand to crimp the edges.
Use a knife to make a steam hole in the middle and make curves in the pastry.
Cover the whole pie in egg wash and bake at 200C/ 400F/Gas6 for 10 minutes then 180C/350F/Gas4 for 30-40 minutes.
The nutritional value is approximate and calculated by the ingredients quoted. About a third of the pastry is left so the calories count will be less in reality.
- If you are using leftovers try adding a tablespoon of mayonnaise as it will help to hold the pie together.
- For a more elegant pie you can layer the ingredients. For example, start with a turkey layer then ham, cheese, cranberries and chestnuts.
- Serve this pie with a salad or a jacket potato for an easy dinner.
Calories: 1101kcalCarbohydrates: 88gProtein: 27gFat: 71gSaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 983mgPotassium: 344mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 138IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 61mgIron: 5mg