Mussels in White Wine
- 2 kg mussels washed and checked
- 2 finely chopped shallots or 1 onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 150 ml white wine Muscadet or other dry white wine
- 150 ml water
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
Heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the shallots.
Fry gently until they soften and add the garlic for 1 minute.
Tip in the wine and water, half of the parsley and mussels.
Pop on the lid and the mussels should start to open within a few minutes.
Give them a stir round to make sure the ones at the top are cooked or shake the pan.
Sprinkle with more herbs and serve.
It's really important to prepare any shellfish properly just by following these simple rules. Clams should be prepared in the same way.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
- Fill a bowl with cold water and tip in the mussels.
- Check each mussel inturn by removing any stringy, beardy bits.
- Check each one for cracks or missing shell and discard.
- Discard any that are open and will not shut when you tap the shell.
- Discard any that float in the water.
- After cooking, advise your guests not to eat any that have not opened.
Calories: 287kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 31gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 761mgPotassium: 895mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 664IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 10mg