Oriental Duck Broth
low-fat, easy, fragrant duck broth flavoured with garlic, chilli, Szechuan pepper, ginger and vegetables.
- About 100g cooked and shredded duck meat
- 1.5 litres of duck stock
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli sliced
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 3 cm piece of ginger cut into matchsticks
- Handful of coriander stalks chopped finely and leaves rough chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely sliced
- 1 heaped tsp Szechuan pepper
- 1 star anise
Fry the carrot, shallot, garlic and ginger in a little oil for a few minutes until soft.
Add the mushrooms, chilli, star anise and Szechuan pepper, chopped coriander stalks and the duck stock.
Bring to a simmer and add in the cooked duck.
Check the seasoning and serve with the coriander leaves and crusty bread.