Squid with Prawn and Crab
Squid tubes stuffed with cooked prawns, crab, coriander, garlic, ginger and chillies and then seared on a hot grill for a fantastic low fat dish.
- 4 squid tubes about 20cm long dried with kitchen towel
For the stuffing
- 200 g cooked prawns rough chopped
- Tin of crab drained weight 120g
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3 cm piece of ginger finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies chopped
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- oil for frying
- Extra lime coriander and chillies for garnish
Fry the shallot and ginger until soft.
Add the garlic and chillies and cook for another minute.
Combine the vegetables with the rest of the stuffing ingredients in a large bowl.
Use a teaspoon to fill the tubes with a gap at the end. Secure with a cocktail stick.
Heat a griddle and brush with oil before adding the squid for a couple of minutes until just cooked.
Serving: 0gCalories: 190kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 31gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 420mgSodium: 490mgPotassium: 466mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 255IUVitamin C: 46.4mgCalcium: 132mgIron: 2.4mg