French Parmentier potatoes with garlic and rosemary on the hob or cooked in the oven. This easy and delicious potato dish can be served with everything!
- 4 medium potatoes cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 25 g butter
- seasoning to taste
For the hob or stove top
Start by cutting 4 medium potatoes into a rough 1-2 cm cubes.
Put them in a microwave bowl and cover with boiling water. Cook on full power for 10 minutes then drain
Peel the onions, cut in half and slice.
Fry the onions over a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of the oil for a few minutes until golden. Then add the crushed garlic for a minute.
Transfer the onion onion mixture to a bowl and add the remaining oil and butter to the frying pan.
Add the cubed potatoes and fry over a medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes until nicely coloured. Then add the onion to the potatoes to warm through.
For the oven
Put the vegetable oil into a roasting pan and heat the oven to 180C/350F. By the time the potatoes are prepared the oil will be hot enough for roasting.
Peel the potatoes and cut into 1-2 cm chunks.
Put the diced potatoes in a saucepan and pour over boiled water to cover. Cook the potatoes on the hob or in the microwave for 5 minutes then drain.
Add the potatoes to the oven dish and turn to coat in the oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
Turn the potatoes and add 2 sliced onions, 2 cloves of sliced garlic and the chopped rosemary.
Roast for another 20 minutes then season and serve.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
- try not to break the potatoes edges up when draining or they will lose their cubed shape
- time the potato cooking time from turning on the hob or microwave
- when cooking in the oven or hob make sure that the potatoes are not crowding each other using a big enough pan or they won't get crisp
- if you want to use dried herbs instead use 1 teaspoon rather than a tablespoon or you will over power the dish!
Calories: 230kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 5gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 64mgPotassium: 782mgFiber: 6gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 180IUVitamin C: 23.9mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 5.9mg