Crispy Miso Cod
Crispy Miso Cod. Fish and chips get a makeover with a marinade of miso, mirin, sherry, soy and rice vinegar before being dipped in flour and fried.
- 800 g cod fillet skinless, in 8 portions
- 8 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- 5 tbsp mirin
- 5 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dry sherry I used French Pineau
Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the cod.
Leave covered in the fridge to marinate, ideally overnight.
Dip the cod in the flour, back to the marinade, then back to the flour.
Heat about 1 cm of oil in a pan and fry over a medium heat for a few minutes each side until crisp and cooked through.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
As the fish is fried in oil which will not all be absorbed by the dish, the nutritional information relating to frying will not be accurate.
- use a thicker piece of fish such as cod steaks or loin rather than thin fillets for best results
- if using defrosted fish make sure that it is well drained before marinating
Calories: 438kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 40gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 1316mgPotassium: 896mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 98IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 2mg