Vegetable Mozzarella Tart.
There's something magic about the combination of melted cheese and pastry, especially when it's mozzarella! It melts so easily and is so creamy that it make this vegetable mozzarella tart an absolute doddle.
Of course, this tart would be lovely with homemade shortcrust or puff pastry if you have the time. I prefer to buy all butter puff pastry, ready rolled in a rectangle or round, which I then freeze. It only takes an hour or two to thaw and there is no stressful rolling out.
Use the pastry to line a loose bottom flan tin and return to the fridge for 20 minutes before baking blind. Meanwhile fry a chopped onion until soft then add in some garlic. Slice the vegetables and mozzarella into chunks between 5 and 10 mm.
All there is left to do is spread the onion and garlic mix over the pastry base. Add a layer of cheese and make sure that everything is covered. Top with the aubergine, courgette and tomato slices, season with salt and black pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
Bake for another 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the vegetables are tender.
This Vegetable Mozzarella Tart is delicious warm from the oven or cold on a picnic too.
There's lots of different vegetarian tarts on this site like Roasted Sweet Potato Tart with Goat Cheese.
If you like this recipe don't forget to Pin it for later.
They are so simple to make and it's a delicious way to use up vegetables. What's your favourite combination?
Vegetable Mozzarella Tart
- 225 g pack of puff pastry
- 375 g mozzarella 3 packs, sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small aubergine sliced
- 1 courgette sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Use the pastry to line a 21x32cm loose bottom tart tin. Prick the base with a fork and chill for 20 minutes.
- Bake blind for 15 minutes at 220 C then remove the beans and paper and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onions until soft before adding the garlic for 1 minute. Leave to cool.
- Spread the onion over the base of the tart and cover with the cheese. Layer the vegetables over the top.
- Bake at 200 C for 20 minutes.