Chicken Wings...who can resist? These Sticky Chicken Wings are perfect for summer eating. They are great served hot and in the unlikely event of having any leftover, they are great cold for a picnic. They can be cooked on the barbecue or in the oven with the sticky barbecue glaze and they are really easy to do with items from the pantry. There are no excuses for not trying these this summer!
I find it's easier to roast or barbecue the wings first as sometimes they leak a lot of liquid which dilutes the glaze. Cut off the wing tips and place in a roasting tray. Sprinkle the chicken wings with salt.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and roast the chicken wings for 20 minutes. In the meantime combine balsamic vinegar, ketchup, honey and soy sauce in a bowl.
Pour over the glaze and use a pastry brush to make sure that every piece is coated. Return to the oven, or barbecue for another 20 minutes until the wings are sticky.
Give them a go....you know you want to!
Sticky Chicken Wings
- 1 kg chicken wings tips removed and divided in 2
For the glaze
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp of runny honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare the chicken and place in a single layer in a roasting tray.
- Sprinkle with salt and roast at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Combine all the glaze ingredients together and spread all over the chicken wings.
- Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
You may wish to line the oven tray with foil as the glaze can become baked on.