These Salmon and Asparagus Frittata Bites are perfect for summer entertaining such as a buffet or picnic as they taste great hot or cold. This recipe is easy and you could substitute spring onions, prawns or peas for a change along with some dill. Dare I say it but these are low-carb too for anyone trying to lose their'winter coat' before summer!
I'm definitely making the most of the asparagus season with these frittata bites. You could also make a larger version like my Seasonal Vegetable Frittata. Here are the ingredients.
I used a little butter and oil on a hot griddle to cook 5 asparagus spears for2-3 minutes.
Cut the asparagus and salmon into rough 1cm pieces. Grease muffin pans enough for 12 muffins and divide the mixture between them.
Make sure to grease the tins well as they do like to stick.
These would make an easy starter with a side salad or a lunchbox filler too.
Salmon and Asparagus Frittata Bites
- 5 asparagus spears
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 100 g smoked salmon
- oil/butter for greasing and griddling
- Heat a little oil and butter in a griddle pan and cook the asparagus for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop the asparagus and salmon into 1 cm pieces.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin and divide the asparagus and salmon pieces.
- Whisk the eggs with the creme fraiche and season. Pour the mixture into the muffin tins and sprinkle with the chopped chives.
- Bake at 170 degreesfor about 20 minutes