Raspberry and White Chocolate Mini Loaves. There's an abundance of fresh berries in season right now and I was completely seduced by a pack of raspberries and blueberries. French people love berries and at a recent evening with our French neighbours, dessert consisted of black currants and strawberries in a sort of light custard. I was really thinking that I should do something healthy with them but then I thought, what goes well with raspberries? We then had to get some white chocolate. it was definitely not going to be healthy!
This recipe starts with the raspberries and white chocolate.
Chop each chocolate square into four or leave it larger if you prefer chunks in the cake.
Cream baking fat and sugar, add eggs, vanilla and flour. Carefully fold in the raspberries and chocolate with a spatula.
Divide the mixture between six loaf cases on a baking sheet.
Bake at 180 degrees for about 35 minutes.
Although the raspberries are delicate they do stay whole. The tart raspberries with pockets of creamy chocolate is a real treat! These are delicious warm or cold.
Raspberry and White Chocolate Mini Loaves
- 100 g raspberries
- 75 g white chocolate each square cut into 4
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 115 g butter or baking fat
- 115 g caster fine sugar
- 115 g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and creme fraiche and finally the flour.
- Fold in the raspberries and chocolate with a spatula and spoon into loaf cases on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven preheated to 170 degrees (fan)or 180 for 30-35 minutes.