This Chilli and Ginger Glazed Salmon is a great dish for a barbecue. Forget boring burgers and try this really easy recipe. The marinade means that the fish keeps lovely and moist and you still get a great barbecue crispy crust on the outside.
Here's what you need.
Peel and slice the ginger and take the ends off the chillies. Put all the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor, (I use the small bowl for this).
Pour the marinade over the salmon fillets and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Place the griddle with the flat side up on a hob or barbecue. Oil the griddle well and when it's hot put the salmon fillets on.
Next leave the salmon alone! If you are tempted to fiddle with them they could stick and break. I find it is better to leave them for about 5 minutes and then flip them over for about 2 minutes. Take them off before they are just done to your taste to keep them moist.
Serve garnished with some sliced spring onions and some coriander.
What is your favourite marinade for salmon?
Chilli and Ginger Salmon
- 6 salmon fillets
For the marinade
- 2 chillies
- 30 g piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tsp oil
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Few sprigs of coriander
- Sliced spring onions
- 2/3 spring onions sliced on the diagonal
- Roughly chop the chilli and peel and slice the ginger.
- Place the chilli and ginger in a small food processor with the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Pour over the salmon and leave in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Heat and oil the flat side of a griddle and place the salmon on for 5 minutes.
- Turn the fillets and leave for about another 2 minutes.
- Serve with the coriander and spring onions sprinkled over.