These Blueberry and Coconut Muffins are really moist and delicious. Whilst I'm normally moaning that I can't find ingredients here in France, I've recently discovered that a local supermarket sells prepared fresh coconut! I'm all for not buying ready prepared food but there is a limit. Next I saw blueberries nearby which got me thinking: hot gooey blueberries and crunchy fresh coconut; it had to be done...
First chop the coconut around 1 cm.
Make up a basic muffin batter with butter, sugar, eggs, creme fraiche and flour.
Bake at 170 degrees C for about 20-30 minutes until golden.
These blueberry muffins are deliciously jammy when hot!
What's your favourite blueberry dessert?
Blueberry and Coconut muffins
- 125 g butter
- 125 g self raising flour
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 100 g fresh blueberries
- 75 g chopped fresh coconut
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and creme fraiche with 1 tbsp of the flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour with the blueberries and coconut.
- Transfer to 6 muffin cases and bake at 170 degrees C for about 20-30 minutes.