4 Ingredient Garlic Lemon Chicken. I love to use chicken thighs for an easy mid week meal as they are simple to prepare, economical and have such natural flavour. Of course, cooking the chicken on the bone keeps it deliciously moist too, so it can be happily left in the oven for a while without drying out.
Most people I know are busy and, with the best of intentions, there are always those days when there doesn’t seem to be much in the cupboard. I always have chicken thighs in the freezer, fresh or dried garlic, fresh or prepared lemon juice and onions or shallots. Garlic and lemon is a magic combination and this dish has just four ingredients including the chicken! This 4 Ingredient Garlic Lemon Chicken is big on flavour without a complicated list of ingredients.
Chicken thighs can sometimes have some fat attached so I start by removing any visible fat and trimming the excess skin. Rather than adding oil to the chicken put it skin down in an oven proof dish on the hob. Fry over a medium heat with the shallots for about 5 minutes until the skin is golden and the shallots have started to soften. At this stage you could spoon off any excess fat. Turn over the chicken so that it is now skin side up. Next combine the garlic, lemon juice and zest together and spoon over the chicken. Place in the oven at 180 C for about 20 minutes until cooked through. Season to taste.
Take the dish straight to the table garnished with the lemon quarters. You could serve this simply with some cous cous, pasta or boiled rice cooked while the chicken is in the oven. Best of all this 4 Ingredient Garlic Lemon Chicken is ready from start to finish in under 30 minutes.
Quick, simple and full of flavour!
If you like this 4 Ingredient Garlic Lemon Chicken don't forget to Pin it for later too.
Chicken thighs are so versatile so here's another easy one: Baked Harissa Chicken.
4 Ingredient Garlic Lemon Chicken
- 1 kg chicken thighs 8 small
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 quartered lemon to garnish
- 4 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Trim the chicken and place skin side down in an ovenproof dish on the hob.
- Over a medium heat brown the chicken with the shallots for about 5 minutes until the skin is golden.
- Turn the chicken over and pour over the lemon juice, zest and garlic.
- Bake uncovered at 180 C for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve garnished with the lemon wedges or add them to the pan before cooking.