Squid with Prawn and Crab
Squid tubes stuffed with cooked prawns, crab, coriander, garlic, ginger and chillies and then seared on a hot grill for a fantastic low fat dish.
Write a review
- 4 squid tubes about 20cm long, dried with kitchen towel
For the stuffing
- 200g cooked prawns, rough chopped
- Tin of crab, drained weight 120g
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- oil for frying
- Extra lime, coriander and chillies for garnish
- Fry the shallot and ginger until soft.
- Add the garlic and chillies and cook for another minute.
- Combine the vegetables with the rest of the stuffing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use a teaspoon to fill the tubes with a gap at the end. Secure with a cocktail stick.
- Heat a griddle and brush with oil before adding the squid for a couple of minutes until just cooked.
Chez Le Rêve Français http://chezlerevefrancais.com/