Rocket with Basil and Walnut Pesto Pasta
Easy to make basil and walnut pesto stirred into pasta and combined with rocket, Parmesan and chopped walnuts for a delicious hot or cold dish.
Write a review
For the walnut pesto
- 20g basil leaves
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 80g walnuts
- 70g Parmesan, grated
- 70g chopped walnuts
- 300g dried pasta
- 70g rocket
- Extra shaved Parmesan
- Put the oil, garlic, basil and walnuts into a food processor and blitz until blended.
- Add the grated Parmesan and pulse until combined.
- Check the seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Cook the pasta to your liking and drain, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
- Add half of the pesto to the pan and return the pasta.
- Stir well and add some liquid if needed.
- Stir in the rocket and walnuts and place on a serving platter.
- Use a potato peeler to shave some Parmesan over the top.
- Freeze the other half of the pesto or drizzle with olive oil, cover and keep in the fridge for a few days.
- This works well as a cold pasta salad or as a hot side dish or main meal.
Chez Le Rêve Français http://chezlerevefrancais.com/