Pesto Chicken Club Bowl
. We've all heard of a Bliss Bowl, a Buddha Bowl, a Poke Bowl
and a Smoothie Bowl
, so what is a Club Bowl
? My family love having dinners served in large bowls like my Raisukaree
so when I suggested a Buddha Bowl the response went along the lines of, 'Mmmm pretty. Where's the meat? We are not rabbits!' So here is a Club Bowl,
in other words a bowl containing ingredients you would find in a Club sandwich such as chicken, salad, boiled eggs, avocado and bacon but you can use whatever you like. This is a really simple dish where the chicken can be served hot or cold and can be made low-carb and low-fat too by omitting the croutons and plain grilling the chicken. Just serve with a squeeze of lemon instead.
Bash the chicken breasts until they are an even thickness to make them easier to cook. I smeared them with Coriander Pesto
but you can omit this or use whatever you have.
Dry fry the chicken on a hot griddle pan until just cooked, about 3 minutes a side. Let is rest and then slice. Chop some bread into cubes and fry in the pan to make some croutons if liked.
Put some bacon on a baking tray with another tray on the top and cook in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes. This keeps the bacon flat.
Boil some eggs. Chop up some salad and slice the avocado. Toss the avocado in lemon juice while you assemble the salad.
Place the ingredients in individual piles in a large bowl and place the chicken and bacon on top. With luck, the salad dodgers won't see all the healthy stuff underneath!
Pesto Chicken Club Bowl
Pesto Chicken Club Bowl.
Chicken breast fried in pesto, sliced and served with hummus, salad, boiled eggs, avocado, bacon and croutons.
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 2 avocadoes
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- radishes, mushrooms, olives (optional
- 4 slices streaky bacon
- 2 slices thick bread
- 4 tbsp green pesto
- oil for frying
- squeeze of lemon for avocadoes
- Bash the chicken breasts to a uniform thickness and spread both sides with pesto.
- Fry in a hot griddle pan for about 3 minutes aside until just cooked through.
- Cut the bread into cubes and fry in the chicken pan until crisp adding a little oil if required.
- Place the bacon between two oven tray and cook at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Slice the salad vegetables, chicken and avocado.
- Pile up the vegetables, egg and croutons in a large bowl for each person and lay the chicken and bacon on top.
Chez Le Rêve Français http://chezlerevefrancais.com/