Mozzarella Sausage Rolls or Mooing Pigs
Mozzarella Sausage Rolls. Known here as Mooing Pigs, these naughty morsels are stuffed with mozzarella and when you cut them the mozzarella oozes out.
Write a review
- 230g prepared puff pastry
- 500g pork sausagemeat
- 125g mozzarella, cut into 1cm wide lengthways
- beaten egg to glaze
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Divide the pastry into two lengths.
- Season the sausagemeat and add the seasoning and herbs.
- Divide the meat into two, form two sausages with 2/3 of the mixture and place onto the pastry .
- Squeeze the mozzarella along the lengths of the sausage and top with the remaining sausagemeat.
- Use beaten egg along the edge and roll up and seal into 2 rolls.
- Snip with scissors and bake at 220 C for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Chez Le Rêve Français http://chezlerevefrancais.com/