This dish of lemon chicken en brochettes
is really easy to do. Buying thigh meat is better value, juicier and tastier than boneless chicken breast and leaving the skin on with a lemon marinade means that the chicken just melts in the mouth. The pieces of lemon baste the chicken without the need for added fat which makes this a perfect summer dish.
I can't normally buy boneless chicken breast here in France so I'm used to boning my own now. It is fiddly so I hope you can buy them already done. I slice down the side of the bone and tease it out. I use 5 thighs to feed four people so I cut each thigh into four.
The marinade is simple with lemon and fresh rosemary.
Take the rosemary off the stem and chop.
Combine the rosemary with freshly squeezed lemon juice and seasoning.
Pour over the chicken and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Cut two lemons into 8 pieces.
I used wooden skewers so I ran them under the hot tap to stop them burning too much. Thread the lemon and chicken alternately onto the skewers. I folded the chicken pieces in half as the thigh meat is quite thin.
As this is a summer dish for us we cooked this on the barbecue for about 7 minutes each side but this could easily be grilled.
The lemon pieces get hot and infuse their flavour into the chicken and can be squeezed further.
If you love lemon you will love this!
Just remove the skin if you want a really low calorie dish.
Lemon Chicken en Brochettes
Lemon chcken brochettes composed of boneless thigh meat and pieces of lemon with rosemary and then barbecued or grilled.
- 5 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 lemons, each cut into eight
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cut each chicken thigh into four.
- Make the marinade by combining all the ingredients together.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers alternately with the lemon pieces.
- Grill or barbecue over a medium heat for about 7 minutes each side.
- Remove the skin to reduce the calories.
Chez Le Rêve Français http://chezlerevefrancais.com/