Chicken Caesar Burgers
Here's a new take on Chicken Caesar salad by combining it with a giant Parmesan crouton or burger! Perfect food for a summer barbecue.
Write a review
- 4 chicken or turkey escalopes cut in half
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 4 burger buns
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4-6 leaves of Romaine lettuce, shredded
For the dressing
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp English mustard powder
- Dash of Worcester sauce
- 300ml olive oil
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- Drizzle the burger buns with olive oil and grate on Parmesan cheese.
- Place under a medium preheated grill for a few minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Make the dressing by placing all the ingredients, except the oil and Parmesan, into a food processor.
- Keep the motor running and add the oil in a steady stream. Scrape out the dressing and stir in the Parmesan.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and heat the oil and butter in a pan. Fry for 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Assemble the burgers by spreading the dressing on each bun side, add the chicken. then dressing, lettuce, dressing, chicken and then bun on top.
- This will make more dressing but it will keep for a few days in the fridge and is great with salad or grilled meats.
- Barbecue the chicken instead and omit the flour.
Chez Le Rêve Français http://chezlerevefrancais.com/