Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake
Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake. This is an easy dish with bacon and mushrooms which can be served straight away or baked in the oven.
Write a review
- 8 chicken thighs boned, skinned and cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 200g lardons or smoked bacon
- 1tbsp oil
- 300g pasta shapes
- 1/2 head broccoli, florets quartered
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 30g grated Parmesan
- 125g ball of Mozzarella, grated
- 1tbsp flour
- 500g chicken stock
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- Dry fry the onion, lardons and mushrooms for a few minutes until soft then add the garlic for one minute. Set aside in a separate dish.
- Add the oil and fry the chicken for a few minutes until just cooked then add the pesto.
- While the chicken is cooking steam the broccoli for a couple of minutes and cook the pasta.
- Sprinkle the flour over the chicken mixture and cook for one minute.
- Gradually add the stock and bring to the boil to thicken.
- Return the bacon mixture to the pan and add the broccoli and cooked pasta.
- Serve immediately or sprinkle with the Parmesan and Mozzarella and bake for 15 minutes at 180 C or a few minutes under the grill.
- Use 3 chicken breasts or leftover cooked meat
Chez Le Rêve Français http://chezlerevefrancais.com/